3KEYS abides by all local, state, and federal legislation and guidelines. Our company takes pride in our industry, and we’ve implemented guidelines and policies of several organizations, such as the National Association of Residential Property Managers, NARPM, and the National Association of Realtors, NAR® and Washington State Realtors organization. Additionally, we train all personnel by requiring them to read and follow the 3KEYS Property Management Policy and Procedures Manual.
Department of Licensing Real Estate License Requirements
The Washington State Real Estate Commission requires licensing for all persons conducting Property Management and Real Estate Sales in our state. 3KEYS requires all of its Brokers and Property Managers to have a Washington State Real Estate license.
Code of Ethics
3KEYS follows the Code of Ethics outlined by NARPM and the NAR®. 3KEYS considers this a top priority in conducting business, and is required of all 3KEYS personnel.
3KEYS has a drug-free policy for all personnel, vendors, and tenants. 3KEYS incorporates this policy into 3KEYS rental/lease agreements, tenant, personnel, and vendor documentation.
3KEYS adheres to the laws and guidelines of federal, state, and local legislation, and incorporates this into all documentation, policies, and procedures. Here are some of the agencies and acts 3KEYS follows:
Funds and Bookkeeping
- Fair Housing (HUD) - 3KEYS supports and follows Fair Housing laws and guidelines; 3KEYS displays Fair Housing signage on many of its publications and its website.
- SCRA Act – Serviceman’s Civil Relief Act, which has replaced the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Act of 1940
- URLTA - Uniform Residential Landlord Tenant Act
- FCRA - Fair Credit Reporting Act
- EPA – Environment Protection Agency
- Any other local or state legislation that may apply to a specific city.
When you entered into a management agreement, 3KEYS established an account for you and your property. 3KEYS recognizes the importance of accurately collecting and disbursing funds. The bookkeeping program used by 3KEYS is specialized software designed to handle the many facets of property management and accurate record keeping.
- Lead-based paint became a major issue in the 1990s that prompted mandatory requirements for residential housing, and continues today.
- 3KEYS follows all mandated federal and state guidelines for lead-based paint.
- All properties built prior to January 1, 1978 require disclosures to all tenants and owners.
- Tenants sign lead-based paint disclosures prior to renting a property and 3KEYS provides them with the EPA's Protect Your Family from Lead in the Home. 3KEYS then forwards the required disclosure to owners for signature.
- Property owners and/or Property Managers must notify tenants, in writing, of any scheduled work on lead-based paint on the property.
3KEYS regards mold issues as a top priority in property management. Owners should be aware that mold is another leading issue in the property management industry and failure to act if tenants report or discover mold can lead to costly lawsuits. Several cases regarding mold have awarded damages to tenants in the millions of dollars. This is an area of extreme liability and 3KEYS takes immediate action if a tenant reports mold. 3KEYS notifies owners as soon as practical of any mold issues so 3KEYS and/or the property owner can take the proper steps. For more information on mold visit this website: The EPA's mold brochure, A Brief Guide to Mold, Moisture, and Your Home, gives good general information on this topic.